Imagine you are lying in your death bed looking back at your life. What would you regret the most? In his great book ‘the leader who had no title’, Robin Sharma writes about the 10 things people regret when they reach their final day. I have summarized them here for myself but also for you, to ensure these won’t be our last thoughts when our final day comes. Next week the essential follow up: The 10 human victories!
The 10 human regrets:
1. You reach your last day with the brilliant song that your life was meant to sing still silent within you.
2. You reach your last day without ever having experienced the natural power that inhabits you to do great work and achieve great things.
3. You reach your last day realizing that you never inspired anyone else by the example that you set.
4. You reach your last day full of pain at the realization that you never took any bold risks and so you never received any bright rewards.
5. You reach your last day understanding that you missed the opportunity to catch a glimpse of mastery because you bought into the lie that you had to be resigned to mediocrity.
6. You reach your last day and feel heart broken that you never learned the skill of transforming adversity into victory and lead into gold.
7. You reach your last day regretting that you forgot that work is about being radically helpful to others rather than being helpful only to yourself.
8. You reach your last day with the awareness that you ended up living the life that society trained you to want versus leading the life you truly wanted to have.
9. You reached your last day and awaken to the fact that you never realized your absolute best nor touched the special genius that you were built to become.
10. You reach your last day and discover you could have been a leader and left this world so much better than you found it. But you refused to accept that mission because you were just too scared. And so you failed. And wasted a life.
Now that you know this, what are you going to do with it?? Let me know! I am living in Mexico now, preparing to continue my travel toward Ushuaia the southernmost city in the world!