Last week I wrote about the 10 human regrets: the top ten of things people regret most when they look back at their lives. I also promised to give you the 10 human victories: the top ten thing people are proud of when looking back over their lives:
1. You reach your end full of happiness and fulfillment on realizing that you are all used up-having spent the fullness of your talents, the biggest of your resources and best of your potential doing great work and leading a rare air life
2. You reach your end knowing that you played at a standard of concentrated excellence and held yourself to the most impeccable of standards in each thing that you did
3. You reach your end in noisy celebration for having the boldness of spirit to have regularly confronted your largest fears and realized your highest visions
4. You reach your end and recognize that you became a person who built people up versus one who tore people down
5. Your reach your end with understanding that while your journey may have not always been smooth one, whenever you got knocked down you instantly got back up – and all times never suffered from any loss of optimism
6. You reach your end and bask in staggering glory of your phenomenal achievements along with the rich value you have contributed to the lives of the people you were to serve
7. You reach your end and adore the strong, ethical, inspirational and empathetic person you grow into.
8. You reach your end and realize that you were a genuine innovator who blazed new trails instead of following old roads
9. You reach your end surrounded by teammates who call you a rock star, customers who say you are a hero and loved ones say you are a legend
10. You reach your end as a true leader, knowing that the great deeds you did will endure long after your death and that your life stands as a model of possibility.
When you are reading this list, please realize that the this top ten is not comprised of physical things. It is made up only of results. Results of actions and decisions people take every day. Every day, you get a chance to make sure your top ten of human victories will look like this when you look back at your life. My mission right now is to enrich my life and the lives of others by travelling through Central- and South America with the love of life while leaving a trail of simple acts of kindness. Simply helping people with the things I can do in a part of the world that is completely new to me. Unconventional? May be so. Impossible? Not at all. Beautiful? Every day!
So, how are you going to ensure that this list above will be yours?